ICS organized a webinar to share the learnings from the International Labour Organization on “Restructuring during COVID-19”.
The webinar was held on July 23rd 2020 with the objective to deepen understanding of the relevant principles of international labour standards which can help guide company operations during COVID-19, particularly around how to balance saving jobs and enterprises.
The following key questions were addressed:
- What can companies do to avoid the need for restructuring?
- If restructuring is necessary, what are the key principles in international labour standards and the ILO MNE Declaration to keep in mind?
- What can a company do to support business partners who may be under serious financial difficulty facing difficult decisions in its supply chain?
- What works and what are the lessons from company practices?
The recording of the entire webinar can be seen below:
Please find other relevant resources below:
- SMEs adapting during COVID-19 – Bali, Indonesia
- ILO Policy Brief on Restructuring for recovery and resilience in response to the COVID-19 crisis
- ILO MNE Declaration (Tripartite Declaration of Principles concerning Multinational Enterprises and Social Policy)
- ILO Helpdesk for Business on International Labour Standards